The Storymobile is our recording booth on wheels, where you can come share a tale about your main street. Follow us here to find out where our storymobiles are right now, and where we’re going next!
- Atikokan, OntarioMay 25–5 @ 12:00PM
- Downtown, Oakville, OntarioJun 6–20
- Various, NunavutJul 11–24 @ 12:00PM
- Whitehorse, Yukon TerritoriesAug 24–11
- Interprovincial, North West TerritoriesSep 7–14 @ 12:00PM
- Dundas St, Mississauga, OntarioJul 11–31
- Downtown, Midland, ONAug 8–13
- Penetanguishene, OntarioAug 15–21
We create performance installations across the country inspired by all the tales we gather. Find out where you can catch us live in action!
Upcoming performance dates
- Atikokan, OntarioJun 9–11 @ 7:00PM
- Medicine Hat, AlbertaJul 4–9 @ 7:00PM
- Whitehorse, Yukon TerritoriesAug 25–5 @ 7:00PM
- Yellowknife, North West TerritoriesSep 26–5 @ 7:00PM
What is The Tale of a Town Canada?
The Tale of a Town is a site-specific theatre and media project capturing the collective community memory of Canada’s Main Streets, one story at a time, while preserving local heritage and promoting neighbourhood culture.
In 2014, FIXT POINT launched a national tour of The Tale of a Town – Canada in collaboration with The National Arts Centre and presenting partners from across the country.