The Storymobile is our recording booth on wheels, where you can come share a tale about your main street. Follow us here to find out where our storymobiles are right now, and where we’re going next!
- Downtown, Midland, OntarioAug 8–Aug 13
- Penetanguishene, OntarioAug 15–Aug 21
- Whitehorse, Yukon TerritoriesAug 24–Sep 11
- Interprovincial, North West TerritoriesAug 27–Sep 14 @ 12:00PM
- Atikokan, OntarioSep 5–Sep 17
We create performance installations across the country inspired by all the tales we gather. Find out where you can catch us live in action!
Upcoming performance dates
- Whitehorse, Yukon TerritoriesAug 25–Sep 5 @ 7:00PM
- Yellowknife, North West TerritoriesSep 26–Oct 5 @ 7:00PM
- Medicine Hat, AlbertaNov 19–Dec 3 @ 7:00PM
What is The Tale of a Town Canada?
The Tale of a Town is a site-specific theatre and media project capturing the collective community memory of Canada’s Main Streets, one story at a time, while preserving local heritage and promoting neighbourhood culture.
In 2014, FIXT POINT launched a national tour of The Tale of a Town – Canada in collaboration with The National Arts Centre and presenting partners from across the country.